Frequently Asked Questions
Most limousines rent between $50.00 and $150.00 per hour depending on the type of limousine and the number of passengers the limousine can accommodate, plus a driver gratuity ranging from 10% to 20% of the limousine reservation. The majority of limousine service companies also require a minimum hourly booking, usually 3 to 4 hours. Because of limousine prep costs, travel times, and chauffeur salaries, a one-hour limousine reservation is not feasible to most limousine companies.
Chariot limousine requires a 2/3 hour minimum booking. We will consider 1 hour reservations depending on pickup/drop off locations, time of day, and day of week. However, a premium hourly rate is charged (excluding prom season). During Prom season, Fridays & Saturday’s in April & May, rates may increase 10% to 30%, as well as hourly minimums may increase to 6 hours or more. Any questions, please call 503.318.2323.
You still must pay for the limousine rental time during your event, such as a prom, sporting event, concert or dining out, even though you are not physically using the limousine. Although the limousine is not in use, the limousine cannot be used elsewhere; requires travel time, vacuuming the interior, cleaning glassware, and restriction of time makes it impractical to reserve the limousine to another party during this down-time. In addition, when there are 2 to 3 or more hours of down-time, there are still expenses accumulating. Some companies may offer a “split” – a limousine reserved with minimal travel time, point-to-point and back transportation without being charged for waiting time in between, however, minimum hourly booking requirements still apply.
Chariot Limousine offers a “split” with two, 2 hour minimum booking charges. We will consider offering a discounted hourly charge during down-time to certain events depending on pickup/dropoff locations, time of day/night, and day of week (excluding prom season).
If your event is during “Prime” season (such as prom, wedding, graduation or the holiday season), we suggest the sooner the better to ensure a limousine is available for your special occasion.
A minimum deposit of $100.00 or 25% of the quoted reservation total, whichever is greater, reserves your date & appointed limousine. The balance is due prior to the event date. Deposits can be via Visa or Mastercard, cash, personal or company check. If a personal check is the method of payment, the entire balance is due 10 business days prior to the booked event. Limousine reservations that fall below $100.00 will require payment in full in advance.
Policies & Information
Customer Agreement & Policies
Chariot Limousine strives to maintain the highest level of professionalism and quality of service in order to provide the best service for our clients. Chariot Limousine requires all passengers to follow and comply to the following rules and regulations.
• Smoke Free Limousines – Chariot Limousine requires all chartered limousines to remain smoke free at all times. Failure to comply will result in a $100.00 cleaning fee. Failure to pay will result in immediate termination of service without any refund.
• Must be 21 or older to posses alcohol – Alcohol may only be consumed by passengers over 21. It is unlawful for any minor to carry or consume any alcoholic beverage in the limousine at any time and it is considered grounds for termination of the services without refund. Any such items will be confiscated and will be taken to our office for parents to reclaim with an appointment with the proper authorities. See Prom, Winter Formal & All Under Aged Events Policy below!
• No Drugs Allowed – Illegal activities, rough behavior, lewd acts are not allowed in the limousines at any time and will result in termination of services without refund.
• Sunroofs & Windows – No passenger may stand out of the sunroof or hang out of the limousine windows. These actions are unlawful, and violators could face fines by the police and are responsible for any damage caused to our vehicles.
• Damage caused by negligence of any passenger will be the liability of the reserving party. All damage will be charged to the renter plus a fee for downtime of the vehicle. Common damages that could possibly occur, however, not limited to: breakage of vehicles glassware, rip or tear in vehicle upholstery, etc.
• Cleaning Fees will be charged to reserving party if there is evidence of vomit (inside or outside of vehicle) or excessive liquids spilled inside rented vehicle. Cleaning fees are per incident and can range from a minimum of $50.00 to $500.00.
• Food Consumption is not allowed inside of any vehicle unless provided by Chariot Limousine or prior arrangements have been made at the time of reservation. No gum allowed in limousine.
• Lost or Stolen Items are not the responsibility of Chariot Limousine.
• Reservations & Deposits- Certain dates and vehicles require deposits with a minimum of $100.00 to 50% of total charge, which is applied to the total bill for rental of the vehicle. Limousine rentals that fall below $100.00 will require full payment in advance. No holds on limousines without a deposit. A deposit must be given to make a confirmed reservation. The initial quoted deposit paid reserves your vehicle and is non-refundable except in the event that Chariot Limousine is unable to fulfill your reservation. No exceptions!
• Payment – Fees for service must be paid in full prior to your event, including a 20% drivers gratuity charge, unless other payment arrangements have been agreed to by management of Chariot Limousine. Extended time for all reservations must be cleared (and paid) with the driver in advance and are subject to availability. Method of accepted payments are: Valid Credit/Debit cards & cash. Personal and company checks accepted, however, must be received within 10 business days prior to date of reservation. No exceptions please!
• Reservation start times cannot be changed after 72 hours prior to the date of the event and is based on availability.
• Cancellations are subject to penalties. If a cancellation is requested after a reservation has been processed with Chariot Limousine, a minimum fee of $100 up to 50% of the total reservation quoted price may be charged.
• Cancellations must be submitted to Chariot Limousine either by email or fax. If notice of cancellation is not received by Chariot Limousine 72 hours or less prior to scheduled event, 50% of the total rate quote will be charged.
• Cancellation of a reservation made within 14 days of the date of service will be charged 50% of the total rate quote.
• No shows will be charged 100% of the total rate quote.
• Charged Time – Chariot Limousine promises to arrive early. Charged time begins at the agreed upon pickup time established between Chariot Limousine and reserving party at time of reservation. In the event that our Professional Chauffeur will not arrive to your pickup location on or prior to the scheduled time of pickup, you will be notified as to the vehicle estimated time of arrival and you will receive a pro-rated refund or additional uncharged time (subject to availability). Delays caused by weather, traffic conditions and mechanical problems are not the responsibility of Chariot Limousine. Ask us about our on time guarantee!
• Prom, Winter Formal & All Under Aged Events – We at Chariot Limousine value your teen’s safety and that of their friends on a special night such as a prom. Chariot Limousine is committed to providing safe transportation so that parents can feel at ease about their teens being in the hands of our trained professional chauffeurs. Chariot Limousine has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to alcohol and other illegal substances while transporting minors. If a driver finds any evidence that alcohol, etc. is being consumed at any time during the limousine ride, parents (usually the contact parent established at the time of reservation) will be notified and will be responsible for the transportation of prom-goers for the remainder of the evening without refund. The driver will have the option of returning to the point of pickup or terminating service at the point of infraction. We want their night to be enjoyable, yet SAFE, and hope that this policy will give parents peace of mind. We consider ourselves in partnership with parents to keep their teens safe and sober on prom night, etc. We appreciate your strict adherence to this policy and encourage you to discuss this policy with your teen.
• NO LARGE BAGS of any kind allowed in the limousine. Included but not limited to is purse’s, duffel bags, backpacks, etc.
Most consumers wouldn’t hire the cheapest surgeon, eat at the cheapest restaurant or have their automobile serviced by the cheapest auto mechanic, yet many consumers shop for limousine service in this manner. Avoid making the critical mistake, by shopping for the “Best Price” limousine company for your event which could turn special occasion into a limousine nightmare experience!
• When looking for “Best Price” you generally “get what you pay for”!
• Don’t make the most common limousine shopping mistake!
Shopping PRICE for limousine service from limousine companies could be the biggest mistake consumers make. In the limousine industry, there are many variances of quality and price. All too often, the cheapest price translates into a larger risk for customers, plus most often there are hidden fees.
Old, poorly maintained, under-insured vehicles with unprofessionally attired chauffeurs and poor service, are all possible results of “Best Price” limousine shopping. Other risks that possibly occur when shopping in this fashion is, your limousine arrives late due to overbooking, your limousine doesn’t arrive at all because the company you reserved your limousine from receive a better price from another customer, or the limousine that arrives is a poorly maintained, 1985 model, when you were promised a newer body style limousine.
Instead of receiving a luxurious limousine experience, your evening is ruined and the only memory is a nightmare! Do you want to accept this risk?
How to Protect Yourself & Eliminate the Risk
• Get a signed contract. A professional and reliable limousine company should be more than willing to provide the customer with a contract of service. Companies who are not willing to, or fail to provide the customer with a contract of service may not have the confidence in their ability to fulfill their obligation.
• Ask about insurance & permits. All limousines are required to carry commercial insurance and proper permits. Unfortunately, the telephone book and other advertising agencies do not require this information to advertise. In order for you to protect yourself from “gypsy companies,” ask for proof of these documents together with a signed contract of service.
• Ask about industry associations. Limousine companies who belong to industry associations usually must abide by special insurance regulations and service guidelines. Reputable associations such as the NLA (National Limousine Association) and the local livery association are good indications that a limousine service provider does their due diligence.
Our postal address is:
P.O. Box 1334
Clackamas, OR 97015
We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com or you can reach us by telephone at 503.318.2323
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes no information regarding the domain or e-mail address. We collect information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations. The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us e-mail at the above address.
From time to time, we make the e-mail addresses of those who access our site available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share your e-mail address with other companies or organizations, please let us know by calling us at the number provided above.
If you supply us with your postal address on-line you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address. Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed on-line. Please provide us with your name and phone number. With respect to Ad Servers: We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
Customers may prevent their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by e-mailing us at the above address. Upon request we provide site visitors with access to no information that we have collected and that we maintain about them.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number.